Maple Woods Ballinacurra Midleton, Co Cork

Re: Maple Woods Ballinacurra Midleton

Corksparky - you're not Mark the site foreman by any chance are you? People were told that they would be moving in December 2006 & its now looking like June/July 2007. that lady is probably repaying her mortgage and paying rent as a result of the delays - like a friend of mine has. The place looks very well though

I'm another that can say "Paid my money - Got no keys"!

Corksparky - you can't hide your forestbrook connections with a post like that (as with abcapple's earlier post).

Shankly - would like to share with us the reasons for not getting your keys. This looks like it is developing into a serious problem.
Will you be joining the nightly vigil and the entrance ??

I'd love to know why I'm not getting my keys but I can't get anything out of the builders. They just keep saying that there's services to go in yet. They're not letting anyone down on the site now either - apparently they've got someone's suing them after a fall. Maybe I'm naive?

Nightly Vigil? Tell me more.

The lady with the sign "Paid my money - Got no keys" every evening at the entrance. I'm sure she would appreciate support, especially if you are in the same boat !!!!!

I'll call down this weekend. It'll be interesting to hear her story.
When rent is taken into account, every month of a delay is costing me an extra grand!

Making a comment from somebody who was dissappointed to miss out on first phase - am I lucky now. Living locally and was interested in development but as time went by stories emerged about the sewerage problem and drainage & subsequent problems with moving in, am now delighted did not buy. The woman outside is in aide of her son who has been screwed by builder, by all accounts all of you who are left there are people who sighned contracts before the problems surfaced as many others pulled out.

Expect them to look for interest on late stage payments then, this is the bone of contention with the lady who is protesting at the gate.

The rumour about connection into the sewerage sounds very familiar to what happened in the Green Valley estate in Donnybrook. Sounds like a problem that follows this developer around.

Hi, is there still problems with this development. Had a look at the show houses at the weekend and they are now selling one of the 4 bed semi d's at the front does this mean the development is nearly finished? It doesn;t look like there are many people moved in...

I know two people who bought houses from this shower in Green Valley in Donnybrook.
(1) My brother bought a house and as he was a first time buyer and needed to get into the house he took the builder at his word that the problems/snags (he was a cash buyer) would be sorted out. 3 years on he is still trying to get things done and to be honest, at this stage they never will. There is still no dividing wall in the attic between his house and his neightbours and also his back garden appears to be sinking. Granted he was naiive but he has learned his lesson the hard way.
(2) A female friend of mine has not made the final stage payment on her house 3 years after it was completed. Both she and her engineer were not happy with the final finish and the case is due to come before the courts soon. If she loses she will have to file for bankrupcy but both she and her solicitor are confident.

I haven't heard anything about the developers Midleton site but on the evidence above I would be fearful.
I would be interested to hear if anyone moved into those houses and what was the experience after moving in?

Hi ya,

I'm buying one of the houses, we are at the snag stage, nearly ready to hand over the last amount, just hope I will then get the KEYS. I'm concerned about a lot of the houses are still empty, have been told its 'solicitor/engineer' problems but they all can't be having those problems. I think a lot of people might just have pulled out. Anyway fingers crossed I'll have the keys early Nov and there will be no surprises.

Just make sure you don't let your desire to have the key cloud your judgement on the final stage payment...

Hiya Tonio, I live in Navan and go to Midleton a lot to visit friends. Midleton is a lovely town - well laid out. The people are really nice too.

What do you think of Navan ? It is a nice town but traffic congestion has become unbearable

I left Navan in April and moved to Midleton. I love it here. Much better quality of life. Less claustrophobic (spelling?). It wasnt really Navan that was the problem - it was the commute to Dublin. I actually liked Navan alot.

It doesn;t look like there are many people moved in...

I'm hoping to be in this side of Christmas. I'm a bit concerned that very few people have moved in. Quite a few have their fireplaces fitted which makes me think that they have been sold, but it's odd that they're not lived in yet. Anyone shed any light on it?

BTW the council confirmed the dispute about the sewerage but also hinted that it was a regular problem and could be ongoing for years yet.

Buying in Maple Woods also, has anybody had a issue with plumbing in the kitchen, can't seem to see any plumbing for the dishwasher/washing machine?

The contract says nothing about plumbing, the brocher says fully plumbed for dishwasher/washing machine but has "Terms ad Conditions: This is not a contract" written on it.

I read these posts with interest. Quite afew of you have paid over vast amounts of moneyover a long period of time and am getting no answers. Since this post started has anybody thought of having solicitors demand answers. And the Council. How can they get PP without access for sewerage. As despite a change in stamp duty, things rally are not going to get that much better I would suggest youn all get your fingers out and call your legal eagles on Monday morning to demand answers.

Although not living near there, i know the area from old and it is fantastic.

Best of luck to you all

Back