Maintaining a second home

I will come back to finish the post (probably tomorrow night). I realise so far it is not strictly in keeping with the rules of posting here. My whole idea is to show some of the unforseen problems along the way after somebody has bought a holiday home or a mobile home. Sorry for the delay.

In the interests of brevity and advice to anybody thinking of buying a mobile home I can continue from above:-
1. We were shunned by other residents of the mobile home park for not updating our van (we could not afford it).
2. I had no problem with this, but when they kept their children away from ours it was nasty and left a sour taste.
3. To be honest with the type of people with which we were dealing we were better off without contact.
4. Full occupancy of the mobile home park occurred plus full occupancy of visiting caravanners, dormobilers, campers etc.
5. Mrs Lep continued her games of picky (hopscotch these days), etc with visiting children.
6. Tom renewed our contact for years 4 and 5 at the same rate as previously.
7. Our friendship with Tom, Gerry and Mary continued even in present times.
8. A visiting professional made us an offer we couldn't refuse for our van. He was interested in the perch only. Willingly he bought us out and even paid for our van to be towed off site and destroyed.
9. We lived happily ever after until our kids grew up and met their kids at university in Limerick where they (the Limerick gang) behaved like spoiled brats.

Please note:- mobile homes are expensive. Site costs are not cheap. Maintenance is fairly expensive too.

I hope this post is acceptable to the moderators. If not please delete.

Regards and Thanks to All
Lep and Mrs Lep

Back