Mahon Point

Noor77

Hi

Has anyone been to Mahon Point Shopping Centre in Cork?
Am going there tomorrow and would like to know what it's like!

It's very pleasant, but I find it a little empty looking and 'corporate'. Nice clothes shops. Take a look at their website, www.mahonpointsc.ie

cheers,
Diziet

Re: re:Mahon Point

Thanks Diziet..would you recommend any shops in particular? Or anywhere to eat there?

Don't worry Obi - I have saved for my shopping money over the last 6 weeks!

Noor

Hey Noor,
Zara is pretty good, and Debenhams of course. Gorgeous huge Monsoon shop, too, but I only would shop there in the sales! There is a large food court, but I haven't eaten there. It's a pleasant enough centre to browse in, even if you don't spend any money. Don't go breaking that budget now ;)

cheers,
Diziet

Was there on monday as hubby and I had saved up for a shopping spree. LOVED Debenhams as liked all their styles. Also loved the fact all the shops are in a small area no not too much walking around. Loved the designer ranges in Debenhams. Bought a lot of stuff there.
My sister loved the Monsoon so whatever you like. Also has a large NEXT. Thought it was worth it. Saw an add in the paper that if you spend 150 on designer range you get a 30 euro voucher. Missed this when I went!
Had lunch in Bennigans which is an American Diner style place and this was nice. Just had starters and this was HUGE!
Will definately go agian! (Must save up again first!)

Sounds great fobs - I'm really looking forward to it now ...although my shopping budget isn't that big :)

Thanks

Re: Mahon Point report

Hi Diziet...it was great thanks. And I spend €30 less than I had budgeted for :)

Next is huge - haven't seen one that big anywhere else. I wasn't too impressed with Bershka or the layout of the Zara there though. There are loads of food places. We went to the little Pizza Hut concession for lunch - only €5.99 for a personal pizza (7 inch), a regular drink and either fries or a salad. Was very impressed with that. The muffin place is nice too.

It wasn't crowded at all, which was a bonus as I'm used to having to fight my way through the chaotic crowds in the Blanchardstown Centre!

Thanks again for the help

Noor

Back