Maestro debit card - can't be used for international internet transactions.

As I couldn't transfer money from my BoI account into my Paypal account at Bank of America in Dublin, I got a draft for €100 from BoI, which I sent to BoA by registered post three weeks ago! It seems to have vanished! Paypal seems to be more difficult to contact than the White House, and BoA never answers calls and doesn't even have an email address, let alone IBAN and BIC account numbers! There is something smelly about it!

You could have done it through Banking365 or in any bank by filling in a bank giro slip, using the details that I already posted.

However, you will now need to contact them:

Bank of America NA
2 Park Place, Hatch St., Dublin 2

• Tel: (01)6196100
  • Fax: (01)6196199
I just rang the number above & the call was answered.

I got a draft for €100 from BoI, which I sent to BoA by registered post three weeks ago!
:confused: I can't see why you chose to incur such unnecessary expense, when Papercut had pointed out to you where their National Sort Code and account number could be found?
It seems to have vanished!
:confused: If it was sent by registered post, then somebody signed for it at their end. Have they told you it's "vanished"?
Paypal seems to be more difficult to contact than the White House...!
:confused:
[broken link removed]
PayPal Customer Service:
1890 943 220
(01)4369023
8:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturday
9:00 am to 9:00 pm Sunday

...and BoA never answers calls and doesn't even have an email address, let alone IBAN and BIC account numbers!
:confused: I just rang (01-6196100; it's in the phone book) and a woman's voice answered. Incidentally, despite what you say your Bank of Ireland manager claims, IBAN/BIC codes are not necessary to send a transfer in euro from one Irish bank a/c to another.
There is something smelly about it!
:confused: Methinks you doth protest too loudly, Gevabe...?

[Edit: post crossed with Papercut's]

I'm planning to send money to a "stranger" in the Ivory Coast through Western Union. I have heard about the scams linked to "Ivory Coast" and '"Western Union" and I would like to know if it is too risky! The money is a gift, so no risk there: it is "lost" anyway!
Are there any other risks involved? Thank you in advance.

Directory of Sites accepting Laser

That list is accurate enough but some no longer accept. This one is up to date as far as I know.

debitcardshopper dot com

I've no posts on this so can't post URL

Mostly Irish companies, but a few foreign ones. Irish Maestro is different. It's just Laser really.

Back