Made redundant & picked up some short term work when do I sign on?

H

Halfempty

Hi

As with many people I have become a victim of the recession I was made redundant at the end of Sept after 10years with my company however through a friend of mine I have managed to pick up a couple of weeks short term work (all through the books even got a revised tax credit note in the door) my question is when do I sign on?

I know the process can take time and I am wodnering should I still sign on now to get the ball rolling as tell them I have got 3 weeks short term work but that is all it is and when I finish in this other job I will need to sign on - I have been looking for a job for the last 4-5 weeks since I got my notice but to no avail - although I did get redundancy it was only statutory so I will need by JSB(isnt that the one where its not means tested?) to pay the bills etc just not sure how I should go about this I have worked since I was 16 and have never had to do this before but I have heard storys that some people are waiting months to get their JSB paid to them I just can't afford to much of a delay - help and advice appreciated.

Back