Ltd Company setup and obligations

lonelyplanet

Hi ,
I have recently set up Ltd company for Project Management services that I am providing and find that I am getting information in a piecemeal fashion from accountant.

I am charging VAT on invoices for the last few months work but haven't remitted VAT to Revenue yet. I haven't taken salary from company yet but will need to in the next few months and thus need to navigate a Payroll system.

My main business is Project Management consultancy but also provide property maintenance services to a small number of clients. Is there a possibility of to to include the property maintenance services in Ltd company and be able to claim VAT on tools etc ?

Loads of questions
1. Is there any good guide for small Business Owner on the list of obligations for Ltd company
2. Any recommendations/guide on the best way to manage VAT payments to revenue
2.1. Is there any guide on what you can claim VAT on. ?
3. Any recommendations on a Payroll excel workbook or cloud solution for payroll?
4. Are there any issues if money is left in Company account and not taken as salary ?
5. Any standard expenses that Ltd company should claim or avail of (ie purchase of tools, computer equipment, training etc )

Thanks

Back