lost deeds

Y

yali

My father bought a property in the sixties in the country side, which was a small terraced cottage, with no front garden, and small rear garden. He later got married and decided that the property was unsuitable for newlyweds with a view to raising a family, as it did not have an indoor toilet, running water, or electricity. At the time of purchasing the property, he checked with a solicitor whether the deeds were "of good title", which the reply was "yes". The deeds were not registered for some reason or other, and the deeds are now lost. does anybody know what can be done in this scenario on reclaiming ownership?
EXTRA FACTS ABOUT THIS :
1.The local council leveled off the property along with three others as nobody could produce documentation for ownership in the eighties.
2.The area that my fathers house stood on has remained vacant(including the area for the other three houses), while the surrounding area/village has since been redeveloped over the decades, which could add value to site.?

There are numerous old threads giving details of first registrations or s.49 applications or help with lost deeds, I suggest you do a search. These and any posters can only give general help. I suggest you pay for a consultation with a local solicitor who will give you very detailed advice specific to your property.

Back