Looking to start a pension with lump sum from last year's business profits

bittered

I'm 36 and looking to get started with a pension. Last year my business made about €60k in profit. So instead of paying that out in bonus salary or getting stung with corp tax, I would like to start a pension and put in an initial sum of €60k in one go. Is that possible? Can I do this with a PRSA or do I need an executive pension?

Your company can now make unlimited employer contributions to a PRSA. Executive pensions are subject to company funding limits. The right option for you will depend on what you’re looking for…

Kevin
www.thepensionstore.ie

Your company can now make unlimited employer contributions to a PRSA. Executive pensions are subject to company funding limits. The right option for you will depend on what you’re looking for…

Kevin
www.thepensionstore.ie
Is it just a limited company can do this Kevin. I presume sole traders or partnerships can't do the same, or can they ?

Correct, a limited company is required to make employer contributions in this manner regardless of whether a PRSA or Exec is chosen. Sole traders are subject to personal funding limits rather than company funding limits. One of the big advantages in having a Ltd.Co.

Kevin
http://www.thepensionstore.ie/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email (www.thepensionstore.ie)

Back