Looking for Estate agent to sell French leaseback property

P

pault

Can anybody recommend an estate agent to sell a French leaseback property. Due to financial problems l am unable to make the monthly repayments so l really need to sell this property ASAP.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Thanks

Don't know anyone in Ireland but there is a specific site recently set up for leaseback resales :- www.leasebackresale.eu I wonder ,though, how many people know about it.

Also there is an informative site for owners of french leaseback properties :- www.frenchleaseback.net Some useful stuff and possibly contacts.

Be careful of VAT clawback rules if one sells within a specific period, but that info should be on one of the two above sites.

I think you should lookout for the real estate dealers available online as that may help you to create a lot of opportunities about your property and that in turn will help you fetch a good deal. So, do look out for the real estate service providers available online.

Hi PaulT, Did you manage to find a good estate agent?

We are using Foncia but unfortunately there is no market at the moment.

I just sold my apartment in France without using an Agent.

You should try dropping flyers into your neighbours' mail boxes, someone may be interested in buying your apartment - that's how I sold mine.

My neighbour here in Ireland just sold his apartment in Spain, where the market is dead, by having a large banner made which he hung on the balcony.

A buyer from Madrid who was on holiday saw it and bought the apartment.

Times are tough, so you have to think outside the box if you are determined to sell.

Good luck with it.

I badly need to sell my leaseback property in France. Can you let me know what agent you used. I am finding it difficult to find an agent at the moment

Many thanks

John Ryan

Hello,

Thank you for your kind offer.

Mind if I ask you a couple of general questions, which may save you having to answer the same question multiple times to each individual that contacts you ?

What type of property did you sell (appreciate it was a sale and leaseback, but was it at a holiday location, student or tourist location, a 1 bedroom apartment or three bedroom house with pool etc) ?

Did you still have your original tenant and were they continuing to pay the original contracted rent, from when you first purchased the property you have sold - as this is very important in my mind, given so many of the operators have gone wrong (either liquidated, regularly been in rent arrears, proven unreliable in terms of timing of payments and response to enquiry or just put pressure on to reduce rents from the original contracted amount) ?

What was your experience regarding VAT, given you had your property for 9 years was there an amount of VAT to be reclaimed by the French Tax Authorities and was it deducted at source before you got the net sale procceds ?

Thank you for the assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Can anybody give me some information on how to go about selling a French leaseback property? Where do we start?
Thanks
C

Hi Carolina9,

It’s a nightmare!

The whole French leaseback scheme in a nightmare and filled with pitfall.

Did the check the forum link below, they also have a resale page.

Frenchleaseback dot net (sorry can’t provide a link)

Regards,Chelseablue

Hello,

It's interestsing how the French (who are known for protesting and going on strike etc) have done nothing to address whats happened with the Sale & Leaseback situation... particularly as many of the schemes have proven to be almost fraudulent from what I can see.

Perhaps they are not concerned because there many of the purchasers of Sale & Leaseback units were not French ?

I wonder would things change if we all decided to stop paying our French Bank loans etc ?

Many of us already have MrEarl & some such as myself are taking legal action in France over this quite horrific scandal

Many of us already have MrEarl & some such as myself are taking legal action in France over this quite horrific scandal

I wish you well, but fear you are wasting your time (basd on my own past experiences).

Hello,

It's interestsing how the French (who are known for protesting and going on strike etc) have done nothing to address whats happened with the Sale & Leaseback situation... particularly as many of the schemes have proven to be almost fraudulent from what I can see.

Perhaps they are not concerned because there many of the purchasers of Sale & Leaseback units were not French ?

I wonder would things change if we all decided to stop paying our French Bank loans etc ?
I have found the french quite mercenary in dealings with them,I believe Ireland was targeted by french hard sell agents in the boom, I looked at leasebacks at the time,but for me there was too many ifs and buts,so luckily did not invest,but alot if irish people did as they (leasebacks) were made to look very good on paper.

I don't see any reason why the agent could not be named publically here on the site, so others could also benefit from the contact. Obviously, any potential conflicts need to be called out though. Hope the moderators agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've deleted a few posts here seeking recommendations or contact via PM. Please keep everything public in-thread so that others can benefit from the information. People should be very wary of (and report) recommendations received vai PM, as those doing so often aren't what they pretend to be.

Back