Looking for a site in the Meath area

S

stephen00

I'm hoping to find a farmer in the Meath area to sell me a site, and am thinking of writing to a few. Does anybody have any idea of where i might be able to get name and address information
thanks

Re: looking for a site

did you trying looking on forsalebyowner.ie or daft.ie or myhome.ie at sites for sale.

You will probably have to buy the land without planning permission then apply yourself.

If you buy a site that has planning check conditions attached some sites have planning with a residency clause(means person that got planning has to live in house for a certain number of years) this condition is very common with Mayo Co.Council not sure of the situation elsewhere.

Meath are very strict on their planning regulations. Have a friend who was born and bred there and has been trying to get planning for the last 7 years and still no luck!

looking for a site

If you buy a site in any country area make sure you have legally-established access rights!

bb12 said:
Meath are very strict on their planning regulations. Have a friend who was born and bred there and has been trying to get planning for the last 7 years and still no luck!

Ya just to back up that point, if you're not from the area and do't have local links you have almost zero chance of obtaining planning permission

a word of caution.
1 note travelling time
2 location of nearest schools and pools, etc
3 safety of minor roads you will be travelling on (back and forth many times, see 2 above)
4 nearest neighbour, smelly farm, good/bad neighbour,his septic tank location, etc.
5 water supply - group water main??? well??
6 sewerage - septic tank your and see 4 above
7 ovehead high tension cables - some are on wooden poles as well
8 flooding
otherwise, good luck.

Hi stephen,

I might be able to help you out..
Take a look at www.sitesforsale.ie, have to hold my hands up and admit I am involved in the site but there should be a number of listings going on there over the next few weeks.

Meath section is at: [broken link removed]

Back