Looking for a quirky Christmas Present

M

maebee

I pulled the short straw in the office Secret Santa and am looking for ideas for a pressie for the Company Managing Director (non-drinker, non-smoker, but not necessarily without a sense of humour). Something, unusual, different, or quirky. The limit is Euro 15 or thereabouts ! All ideas welcome. Thanks

If he has a sense of humour buy him a ticket for a Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers or Dublin City game :lol

Great idea Leathearse, except that wer'e a long way outside the Pale. I could do a variation on your idea. Not sure how I'd get my hands on hurling tickets though !

secret santa

Hi there,
A bonsai (spelling?) tree perhaps? Though the budget could be tight, but you could get him a little one, there is a shop in the powerscourt town centre.
cas.

Secret Santa

Thanks Cas. That's one I will definitely think about.

Re: Secret Santa

Great idea Joe. I ordered some items from them on a Thursday night and the items arrived from England on the Tuesday. Great service !!!

Quirky Christmas Present

Purple drew attention to this on the craic:

aj

Re: Quirky Christmas Present

I had a donkey adopted from the Donkey Sanctuary for a year which was quite an amusing gift. I even went to visit with the kids! They loved it. It is in Liscarroll,Co.Cork.They send you a picture of the donkey and some info!! Not sure of cost.Will try and locate the website.

Re: Donkey Adoption!

Found the website, all the info is there.It's €15 to adopt the donkey. My favourite is Lorcan!

iwwot

Hey 'This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language,

is the p & p not prohibitive on those items you got from IWWOT.com?

Re: iwwot

I paid £7.95 which is not that bad, as I had 6 items. Great items though that my children * will get hours of enjoyment out of.

* and I :lol

Secret Santa Pressie

Thanks Doctor,

His sense of humour could well stretch to giving me my P45 with this one. Have a few other people in mind for it though.

Re: Secret Santa Pressie

Best secret santa present for a manager....is a book on 'how to be a better manager' or 'management for idiots'...etc. etc.

My boss got it last year for Kris Kindle...and it raised the biggest laugh of the night....the boss got a laugh out of it too so the sense of humour is a must!

Shame he never read it though ;-)

Back