Dublin Looking for a property management company to let my apartment

O

oconaire

I'm living abroad and looking to rent out my apartment. Has anyone used a property management company for this? I'm looking to see (i)what they charge (is it a percentage of the rent?) and (ii) if someone could recommend a good company to me.

Thanks.

Have you no family member that could do this for you. I would be very wary of property management companies. If you do take advice from someone on AAM do not take it from a PM from a poster who has very few posts. Some people can try and advertise themselves so watch out.

Now, there are two meanings to mngt company .One is the company that manages the whole block or estate -and you've no choice to use them -they're part of the contract.
But you mean a company to specifically look after your apartment - deal with tenants , with complaints, collect money, repairs etc. In which case I strongly endorse Bronte's comments.

Some companies charge 10% of the gross rent to do -well, frankly, very little.
(that's seperate from a letting fee where they find suitable tenants after supposedly vetting them . What's worse - if the tenants leave after a few months some letting agent will charge again).

If you set up a d.d. or s.o. with the tenat ,get a months deposit and if your apt is in good condition with electrics and plumbing thouroughly checked and appliances are in good condition then do as Bronte suggests - get a relative or firend as a contact number. They may be bothered 2-4 times a year. Or never.

If,however, you really want a mngt agent then bargain and make sure it is long established,preferably a member of some auctioneers association. Doesn't mean that much, but better than some small office just opened with a couple of idiots charging a fortune.

Oh, last thing. A mngt agency will advise you they got a plumber,electrician or whoever to "fix" a problem in your apt . You'll find the charge is much higher than if a trusted relative or frIend got hold of one.

Back