Liquidation

J

jonnyhips

i was let go from my job-with no notice-let go on the spot-in Dec. I recieved payment for Dec in mid January and then a letter to say i was due a months in luie and holiday pay plus all expenses owed-in total i reckon i am still owed 5000-6000 euro..I expect payment to be late but this week got a letter re the company going into liquidation. I am just wondering does anyone know what my chances are of getting paid.

The company was owned by a millionare-also i cant claim the dole till the pay me because i have no p45, which in turn means i have no money for january or source of income till now and have missed numerous payments, which means bank charges and mounting debts..can the company jst avoid all debts??

Nobody knows whether you'll get paid or not, so sign on, in the event you dont. It will take a number of weeks to process your claim.

The company cannot avoid you debt. Employee wages etc are legally up near the top of the queue when a company is being liquidated.... before most other types of creditors. I think you have a very good chance of getting paid, employees usually do unless a company tanks big-time. Even then, there is some form of state insurance scheme.

Ask the company who the provisional liquidator is, and give him/her a ring. They will want details of how much you think you are owed for your claim. Tell the liquidator you also need a P45 asap.

Back