Liberty Asset Management Flagship Fund

Re: liberty asset mgt-flagship fund

Blurb on website here.

The below is just my opinion based on a quick look at the site.

Advantages:
  • 100% capital guarantee at maturity
  • 100% participation
  • 100% allocation
  • No bid offer spread
Disadvantages:
  • Fixed term
  • Minimum investment €25k
  • Any investment of less than €25k (discretionary) attracts a 1% charge
  • Early encashment penalty
  • Management charge of 1.95%

thanks a lot ccovich.spoke to one of their guys last week who stated that it would be possible to obtain a loan for 90k to invest at 3.9% and that passive income would almost cover the loan repayment

limerickmick said:
thanks a lot ccovich.spoke to one of their guys last week who stated that it would be possible to obtain a loan for 90k to invest at 3.9% and that passive income would almost cover the loan repayment
I wouldn't take advice from a Liberty salesperson.

What 'passive income' is he referring to?

What is his definition of 'almost'?

Is the rate on the loan fixed at 3.9%?

Borrowing to invest is risky and certainly should not be undertaken on the 'advice' of a Liberty salesperson. Bear in mind that he probably has a vested interest in getting you to borrow from specific lender.

If you are considering an investment of €90k, I would be inclined to seek independent financial advice.

passive income = rents from property in sum of 3.5%

thanks for advice

limerickmick said:
passive income = rents from property in sum of 3.5%

So does this mean that you would be investing 100% in property?
Is the 3.5% guaranteed? I don't see any info on taking income, other than by encashment.

Bear in mind that you will also be paying 1.95% a year in management charges, as well as interest on the loan.

Annual Management charges of 1.95% are higher than other funds - eq Quinn Life at 1% - what are you getting extra for the higher charges ?

Capital guarantee and active fund management.

Some would argue that paying for active fund management is a waste of money.

I do agree that the Liberty product appears that it justifies a higher charge than Quinn Life, but that will remain an opinion for the next 6 years!

What underwrites the capital guarantee? If it's a cash/bond fund or an future/option with the rest in funds which may deliver some returns then it's a tracker bond in all but name as far as I can see. If it looks like a duck etc...

Clubman you would benefit by research before comment. The guarantee is underwritten by the issuing Life Office. It is not a guaranteed equity deposit account, derivatives and deposits are not used.

Thanks - please note the two "ifs" in my post above. They indicate that I was not sure and was seeking clarification.

Please keep this thread on topic, namely the Liberty Asset Management Flagship Fund.

Thanks.

I personally would buy the corresponding etfs with a discount broker to massively reduce charges. 1.95% per annum too much in my book.
Had a look at catalogue.........hard sell stuff!
Good old Warren Buffet gets a mention!
Hate how companies use master investors to help sell their wares.
Buffet is a focused investor and not a broadly diversified investor despite the holdings of berkshire hathaway.
Dont think Warren is a buyer!

who are liberty asset management are they the same as the liberty pyramid scheme

mobcon said:
who are liberty asset management are they the same as the liberty pyramid scheme
no not the same.i actually heard a guy on radio from liberty asset management who rang up to clarify that his company had nothing to do with the pyramid schemes .

had a brief look at the prospectus for libertys fund,a fund of funds seems attractive for diversification of systemic and stock specific risk as well as the risk of a dodgy fund manager! the charges would be a concern as would be the amount in property.

Anyone notice that that this bond received an 8 out of 10 from the Sindo?... the same paper that gave it a 1 out of 10 last year!:rolleyes:

Anyone feel that these newspaper 'experts' should be made to justify their opinions - good or bad?

Back