Laya Laya Simplicity too good to be true?

peking97

Married couple in our sixties (65 and 63) and renewal is 1st jan 2017. We are currently on VHI HealthPlus Excess costing €3600 total.

Checking on this site I see a lot of praise for Laya Simplicity plan and I can only say that it almost looks too good to be true as we would save €1425 a year!

Can the Laya plan really be so much better value as the old saying..."If it seems too good to be true then it generally is" springs to mind?

We've been with VHI for forty years with hardly any claims and now that we reach our golden years we feel they are trying to squeeze us out by constant price increases.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Yes I've done that and that's why I ask is it too good to be true.
Can I be sure that the Laya price won't increase by a massive percentage in a few months time?

We haven't found a catch so far so if you find one we're all ears ... VHI former Plan B policies tend to be very poor value.

There are no guarantees when it comes to price or even that the same plan will exist in 12 months. From any provider.
But if you sign up on 1st Jan then that's the price you will pay, regardless of what happens next June.
And Simplicity hasn't gone up significantly from previous years.

I'd expect pretty large increases to Simplicity and Simply Connect in the coming months, both will sill be much cheaper than alternatives with other companies though.

We are on Simply Connect and were told by Laya that it is a business plan therefore that may be the reason that it is not marketed.
So until the company that arranged this plan keeps it going and remains in business or remains in Ireland the rate should be okay

I received our renewal for simply connect and simply connect plus. Although it has gone up a small amount (around €21 per month for the 3 of us) since our last renewal I am struggling to find better value.

I got my renewal today for Laya Simplicity which I think came in at about 2175 for 2 adulta to renew on 1st February. Will this price hold until then or should I pay it sooner. I think it is a good plan and not sure if there is something comparable cheaper. Any thoughts on this. Thanks

meathlady I asked laya and they said the renewal price is valid until the day of renewal. ;)
so no benefit paying it sooner

Oh thanks family of Three. Was just wondering cos usually there are many price hikes on January 1st and my insurance never renewed on Feb 1st until last year/

Back