Laya Laya - Assure Vitaility

Steelman

Hi,
I took out health insurance a few years ago for:
Myself 42, Wife 41, Son 22, Son 14

Basically when I took it out it was because I read all the warnings etc. about age rating if I were to take out a policy in years to come. I more or less went for the cheapest on the market which was LAYA ASSURE VITALITY.

I wanted something that would cover us for serious issues should they arise. Didn't mind having an excess for everyday stuff A & E etc.

The policy is due for renewal in March. Last year was €1416. Next year will be €1916.

Just wondering with this no frills policy
A) Is it even worth having health insurance?
B) Is the an cheaper alternative?
C) Any other advice

Thanks

Steelman,

Laya Assure Vitality was the best value plan at the time a few years ago but they keep changing prices so
at the moment 'Laya Future Protect' plan is best priced 495 per adult with the same cover as before.

Your 22 yr old will be paying the full price on this basic cover plan. 495pa

VHI is best value for children; One Plan Starter price 107pa is worth considering.
Their half price offers at the moment, end on 28 Feb 2017.

[broken link removed]

Another option worth considering is Glohealth Kick Off Plan; price 589per adult.
This plan covers public hospital only but with the added option to upgrade to a private hospital plan, at any time outside renewal date
if surgery is needed in a private hospital, with no waiting time applied. This waiting time is normally 2 years.
This is a unique feature, not available on any other plan, a new idea.

[broken link removed]

With a renewal date in March 2017, there is no guarantee that these prices will stay the same until then.

Snowyb

Back