Late Delivery on E-bay purchase

Madilla

On December 11th I purchased a jacket on e-bay. I paid $25 for delivery in 3-7 days. The jacket was for a Christmas present. It arrived on January 7th which was obviously much too late. In addition to being late when I opened the jacket packet a button had fallen off and also there was a green stain where the button was and when I checked under the other buttons the same stain is under each (brass type buttons). I have contacted the seller to request refund but it seems she is offering refund of jacket price only and not freight cost of $25 I paid or the cost of posting the jacket back to Taiwan.Her responses are very difficult to understand as her English is awful. Just wondering what my rights are am I entitled to seek refund of full cost I paid including delivery and the cost of returning the item.

I think you are entitle to a full refund. I had a similar problem with a purchase I mad on the 8th December on ebay. The jacket I bought never arrived even though the seller did post it in England. The seller refunded the full amount. You such make a complaint through the ebay website.

On December 11th I purchased a jacket on e-bay. I paid $25 for delivery in 3-7 days........

You're definitely entitled to go down the 'item not as described' route on Ebay. Did you pay by PayPal? If yes then you should be protected, but the issue of who pays the cost of returning an item is always a thorny one. If you post your story here

[broken link removed]

you'll get all the info and advice you need.

Per previous postings re e-Bay experiences, beware of relying too much on PayPal for refund protection. It is limited, and there are t&c's attached. By all means make the complaint and get a partial (or full - if lucky) refund, but better practice is to always pay by Cerdit Card, and seek the balance of any refund via your card company. Worked for me in a non-delivery case!

Have now been offered a full refund.It will cost me €24 to post it back but no sucess in trying to get the seller to refund this. I suppose this is the best outcome that I'm going to get.
Thks for the replies

Make sure you post an comment on this on the ebay website so that other people wount get done in the same way as you have by this seller.

I will indeed but I think its best to wait until I get my refund. The parcel is now gone in the post so hopefully I'll get the refund within the next 2 weeks

Back