Kephalonia & Zakanthos

W

Westbound

Kephalonia & Zakanthos

Am thinking of going to either of these islands in the late summer.

Has anyone any recommendations as to a particiular resort and apartments or hotels? Which tour operater would be the best?

We're a couple looking to relax for a week in comfort, and near pubs tavernas and restauants would be ideal!

Any comments appeciated!

was in Zakynthos last June - temperature a mild(!) 35 degrees - stayed in resort of Tsilivi - very nice place - lively without being OTT - lovely beach - food, drink, beach loungers etc. all v. reasonable - Planos Beach Studios where we stayed was good, clean, close to beach and had aircon (v. important) - i booked flights and accom separately online - flights through www.holiday-special.com and accom through www.zanteresorts.com
definitely good value
worth a visit

Hi,
I went last year in September with my girlfriend and twin 2 year olds. Very quiet then. No large groups of teenagers. According to the tour books the main town which i think was Zakynthos town is an example of how tourism can wreck a town and how true it is. We drove through on the way to the ferry. Very cramped-full of shops and pubs. We stayed in Kalamaki which is 15 mins from airport. Lovely beach. Not great nightlife though but restaurants were plentiful. Id recommned it for getting away to relax but Im not sure what its like in high season.
Prices were more or less the same as Ireland ,bit cheaper maybe
Tour of island by coach - very interesting
tour by boat- not worth it
trip to Olympia on the mainland wasn't really worth it (especially with kids)

Re: Re:zakynthos

Anyone hear of the Hotel Astor Palace on Zakynthos?

Slim 8)

skala

went to kephalloina last year. Had a great holiday, very very relaxed. Great people, beautiful place. Highly recommended.

Slim,

See here . If this is the same place reports seem good. :)

P.S. It comes up under 'search - Zakynthos, Laganas A-L'

Re: Kephalonia & Zakanthos

We went last July to Zakynthos with three children and stayed in Alykes. It was the best holiday we ever had. The resort was not too busy yet it had everthing we wanted. The restaurants were great and not too expensive. I would recommend Zakynthos. We booked it through Budget Travel and it cost us 2,800 for the five of us.

Re: Kephalonia & Zakanthos

Stayed in the Locanda Hotel, Argassi for two weeks. Basic hotel, clean, on the beach, lovely staff, nice bar. It was mainly couples no larger louts. Village itself has plenty of decent and affordable places to eat. Reasonable night life.

Back