Junior doctor contributions 1973 to 1976

josephfrancis

Worked as a junior doctor in Ireland between 1973 and 1976.My record from Department of Social Welfare shows no contribution for these years.Is this a mistake ? I recollect deductions being taken from my salary but have long since lost the record.Does anyone know if Junior doctors deductions from those years count towards a contributory pension.

Junior doctors paid PRSI D stamp which was the stamp for perm officers up to 1995. They were the only temp officers who paid this type of stamp back then.

I'm a perm officer and pay this stamp (because I'm pre 95) so have no entitlement to a SW pension.

I agree with Becky however you should be entitled to a prorata occupational pension from your employer.

If you were on rotation and worked in different hospitals the last employing body is responsible for verifying service and paying the pension assuming that all were under the one type of Public or Local Government pension scheme.

If your last employer is no longer in existence the records have to maintained somewhere. I'm sure the Pensions Board can help or someone on here should know.

Regards

Back