Judgement Mortgage release

C

Clarkej

Over 10 year ago I has owed some money and had huge difficulty getting the money back. Many sleepless nights I can tell you.
I took out a judgement mortgage against a number of properties that the person owned. Eventually one of the properties was sold due to mounting debts and thankfully I eventually got all of the money I was owed. When I got the money back I was asked to sign a release of the judgement mortgages, which I did, but they forgot to ask me to sign the release on one of the properties.10 years on they have just realised this.
I’ve had no correspondence from this persons solicitor yet but I expect to. I suppose they will just ask me to sign another judgement mortgage release form.

It took me over 3 years to get the money back and this person fought me all the way.
One bit of me thinks just sign the release of the judgement Mortgage and just move on but on the other hand they did make life very difficult for me so why should I be nice now. What happens if I refuse to sign a release of the judgement mortgage ? any advice ?

I saw the earlier ( now deleted)reply - it all comes down to your own view of yourself/the world/unfairness of everything etc.,etc.

With most things, I simply adopt the view of getting on with it and trying not to get to hung up on things, if I can. Soooooooo, if this was me, whereas I might be a bit put out, I would wait for the correspondence to arrive, sign it and return it and then I would forget about it all entirely. Because the alternative is a Court application with the possibility that you might have costs awarded against you. How much worse would that be?

mf

Thanks for the advice. I think your all absolutely right that I should just sign the form and don’t look back. This episode in my life has already consumed far too much of my time and energy. Thanks again.

Back