JSB question and FIS

bellandbear

Hi just wondering my JSB is due to finish ive 197 days used Im working 3 days and claiming for 2 days. Could someone tell me how long I have left. I did get a letter to say it was due to expire but is that based on full time claiming JSB. I was talking to someone in SW and they said I should apply for FIS my earnings are 15,830 a year and my husband is 30,000 and we have four children he has a pension and also private health care just wondering wondering would we qualify.

Thanks for your help

Jobseekers Benefit is paid for 234 days, and this is based on the number of days you claim.

Family Income Supplement (FIS) is based on assessable earnings. See the Information pack here http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/What-are-assessable-earnings.aspx on what assessable earnings are.
The information pack explains how the assessable earnings are used to decide whether you qualify for FIS.

If you qualify for FIS, your Jobseekers claim will stop - you cannot claim both.
Your husband may apply for FIS, and if he qualifies, you might be entitled to some of your Jobseekers.

Thanks very much for your reply would you think I would have a few months left of my JSB. The girl I was talking to said wait until my JSB is finished before applying or could my husband claim for it now.

Back