job benefit-taking jobs!

jillyb

Hi i recently applied for job benefit & i'm now thinkin that i might return to college next year. do i have to inform social welfare? i could really do with the cash

Yes, you have to inform Social Welfare that you're no longer eligible for Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance.

You should ask them about Back to Education Allowance, and see if you might qualify for that.

Any relevant material change in circumstances should be reported to SW. What's relevant should be clear from the qualification criteria for the relevant payment.

If you are returning to college at the start of the academic year, and you are on JB from now until then, you may qualify for the Back to Education allowance. Look at the criteria on www.welfare.ie and work out your options.

if yu go back to college you can get back to education allowance its the same rate as job seekers you can also get a maintenance payment which is 740 a month at the min hope this helps

if you go to a third level college and earn less than €18.055 you will get maintenance you just might not back to education

if yu go back to college you can get back to education allowance its the same rate as job seekers you can also get a maintenance payment which is 740 a month at the min hope this helps

You must be getting benefit for 9 months/312 days for third level courses and there are other criteria.....certain courses don't qualify, etc, etc. don't just assume you will get it!

Back