Its4women: quoted €100 less than axa; anyone insured with them?

My daughter was with Its$ Women for 3 years at roughly 700 per year. Her pol took a big jump this year to about €1200 so she moved to Liberty. Much better money and service. It is impossible to get anybody on the phone and their strange emailing system needs logging into which is very awkward. 1 month later and she still cannot get her no claims bonus cert after many attempts. There is now a risk that Liberty which shut her down as they are stilll waiting a No Claims Bonus Cert. Would not advise my worst enemy to go near this crowd. I shudder to think what would have happened if my daughter had to have made a claim or had a claim made against her. For young people the usual big companies like AIG and Aviva GBD etc are going to be a little more expensive but people would be much better off with them. Somebody dinged my car 2 years ago outside a pub and Aviva paid up without a quibble and it was one of their approved garages a few miles away, which did a brilliant job. They had my car for 2 days and gave me a free rental. By the way my fully Comp on this c.€25,000 car is still about €500 which is pretty good.

I'm a named driver on my partner's policy with Its4women.
She's with them for the past two years and while the premium took a huge jump this year (and she had an outstanding small claim at the time so could not switch) the service itself has been fine.
Requests for documentation were done via their online system and dealt with in reasonable time.
It is difficult (maybe impossible?) to talk to somebody and they do charge an admin fee of €20 for some documentation requests but otherwise we've found them fine.

I just want to add my poor experience with them. I made errors with date of birth and voluntary excess when getting quote and paying upfront. I had to go online to chat to them as phoning costs E10. For me to change the DOB they wanted an original birth cert sent to them. Dont know why they wanted that as they didnt want it originally when getting the quote. Also I discovered afterwards that the excess was already E300. I had ticked the E300 not realising that this was voluntary excess, so total excess was E600. So I decided to cancel policy right away as I was only saving E50 anyhow from previous insurer and there excess was only E250. It cost me E25 to cancel policy, and that was within minutes of taking it up. I am stil waiting for the refund however! That was a hard lesson learned. When you read into their terms/conditions, its all very vague and their extra charges for this and that are ridiculous. I would stay away from them. I think this company are same as 25plus.ie.
Another thing, when I was getting the original quote, repressing the recalc button makes the quote go up or down, so basically the amount changes. It went from 590 to 760 , then down to 650 then upto 850. Very dodgy.

Last edited:
So you made fundamental schoolboy errors when inputting your own personal data, and that's grounds for giving out about them?

I inputted my wife's data correctly, saved a fortune, and haven't looked back.

So you made fundamental schoolboy errors when inputting your own personal data, and that's grounds for giving out about them?

I already said it was a hard lesson learned. Did you go with 25plus.ie? Good luck to you if you did!
I went back with Allianz, no issues with their customer services, website and no strange quoting system either.

Last edited:
Call me cynical, but has anyone else noticed the number of guests or new members castigating ItsForWomen? Bit fishy if you ask me...

I find it incredible how someone can go to a company that's overtly a "low cost provider", stick down the wrong date of birth, stick down the wrong excess, look to cancel the policy almost immediately, and then crib about the outcome.

Not sure where the 'low cost provider' part comes into it.

I can only be honest with my thankfully short business with 25plus.ie

Also, the online chat with this company cannot be recorded and sent to an email address, so there is no record of what is said between 25plus.ie and the customer.
Says it all really.

Not sure where the complaints about contacting its4women come from either.
I've always found it fine to deal with them via their messaging or chat systems.
Only today I used the chat system to request my named driver cover cert.
Just took a few minutes.
Admittedly it cost €20 but I knew this and it's clearly stated by them from the outset.
Some of the complaints here remind me of complaints about low cost/no frills operations like Ryanair...

It cost me E25 to cancel policy, and that was within minutes of taking it up. I am stil waiting for the refund however! That was a hard lesson learned. When you read into their terms/conditions, its all very vague and their extra charges for this and that are ridiculous.
A €25 admin fee in such circumstances is far from unusual across insurers. In fact I'm not sure if any insure doesn't have such a charge?
And I disagree that their terms & conditions are any more vague or difficult to understand than any other insurer's.

Edit: I'm going with Liberty at the moment and I just checked their policy booklet before purchasing and I notice that their admin fee for cancellation is €50. So perhaps you should be happy that your insurer only charged €25! :)

Edit 2: requested named driver experience cert from Its4Women yesterday via their chat service. Paid the €20 at the time. Email arrived just now with the necessary. Can't fault them there to be honest. (Again I was aware of the €20 documentation charge when the policy was originally taken out).

Last edited:

I tried to get an answer to a basic query some time back. Still waiting..........................

I now have another query which I have submitted. I wont hold my breath. However, the underwriter is AIG so I shall ring them with my query instead.

I take the point about the Ryanair model, but if you must clarify something its a little more important than a flight

Back