Is there tax relief for "Certificate in farming" course

JJ1982

Hi,

Can anyone advise if there is tax relief available for the Certificate in Farming training course which is run by Teadgasc (sorry spelling is woeful there), i think it is VEC related

Check with revenue if it is a listed course. If so, you can get a 20% tax credit up to a certain treshold, remember that you wil only get a refund if you've paid tax. I cant remember how much it is but it's on the revenue website.

Check with revenue if it is a listed course. If so, you can get a 20% tax credit up to a certain treshold, remember that you wil only get a refund if you've paid tax. I cant remember how much it is but it's on the revenue website.

Hiya

I should have updated this. The course isnt on the Revenue list, i also contacted the college who run the course who said that tax credit was available. I contacted Revenue and they couldnt be sure, directed me to the Dept of Education who says relief "should be" available. I put it on the clients tax return anyway and wrote a note in the expression of doubt space. Ill let you all know if it goes through.

Back