Other is there an irish price comparison website for general insurance?

kim

Hi
just wondering is there a website in Ireland thats like confused.com or price comparrison? im trying to get the best deals with my home, life, health, pet and car insurances and its so confusing I'd like a website that displays quotes from all companies and gives you the best deals, im paying huge money monthly between all the insurances I have, well to me its huge money. thanks

Top of page is a link for insurance comparison, I haven't used it so I can't recommend it.

I just tried that one and its not great. The cheapest quote they gave me for motor insurance was €130 more than with my current insurer..who isn't great either.

Insurance costs are rising rapidly at present so it's your call. Ifc you can get it cheaper let us all know.

this country is such a rip off, if we are in the EU we should be allowed to shop around with all insurance companies in the EU and not just rip off Ireland. There should be a bit of competition, its crazy! quinn is the cheapest in health insurance I can find and it 47.50 a month which is 570 a year? is that not a crazy price to pay? I am on my own at least, I dont know how families with health insurance can afford to pay, I know of one family 2 adults and 2 kids paying 2000 a year, how is this possible?

this country is such a rip off, /quote]

It is very easy to issue lewd and off the cuff comments without any substantive comparison. When making comments that XY and Z are cheaper than AB & C, the policies in entire require to be read in full. This refers to foreign Insurance and other Irish companies.

Yes,
I came across an irish price comparison site which i found very good. See what you think!

this country is such a rip off, if we are in the EU we should be allowed to shop around with all insurance companies in the EU and not just rip off Ireland.

We are. If an insurance company from another EU state wishes to market their products in Ireland, they are free to do so. They must be go through a "passporting" process and meet local regulations as regards minimum cover requirements for motor insurance, but it's certainly possible.

The fact that there are few EU insurers offering cover here is because the EU companies make a commercial decision not to. You'd have to ask them why they don't but it's likely that at least some have looked at the Irish market and decided that it would be difficult to make a profit here.

It has nothing to do with "rip off Ireland". A rip-off is where someone is doing something illegal, like, for example, charging a customer a higher price for a repair than normal because it's "an insurance job and the insurance company will be paying."

Back