Irish Times covers Landlord's perspective on rental crisis

The council still own it and when my mother passes on, or needs alternative care, it will be used to house another family.
I think this is where some of Irelands problems lie. You have a single person occupying a family home at the expense of the taxpayer. The idea that an individual occupies state provided housing for life should be changed. Surely the person who ends up in state housing should consider that they have a window of opportunity to save for their own place as they have the privilege of living in a valuable asset and paying less then market rent.

All social housing should have a regular review every 5 years to assess the whether those on the social housing waiting list have a greater need than those utilising the housing stock. I would suggest that when the family house becomes a home for a couple after children have completed education, the house should be freed up for another family.

Only if the shareholders are Irish tax residents and in the main they are not. Alot of the REIT funds come from foreign pension funds.
Only foreign?
I am pretty sure that most Irish Pension funds would have property assets as well

Back