Irish Life AVC

Wren100

My Irish Life AVC is doing ok, about a thousand euro in advance of my contributions, plus whatever I've saved in tax relief over the years. But with this country teetering on the brink of complete collapse, I'm wondering if it would be better to discontinue it now and take the contibutions I'll save (about 150 euro per week net) and send them to an account I have in a British bank while I still have an income, together with any other cash I can scrape together and wait for the collapse. Any thoughts? I'm 47 years old.

Funninly enough was just thinking that 30 mins ago,I put 450 pm into an AVC,I am at point where I can no longer properly plan for retirement through this route,the goal posts seem to be changing by the month,God knows what it will be like when I am 60 and want to retire,funds my money has been "invested" in have performed shockingly badly.

I will wait for the next budget but I feel that in the New year I will discontinue with the AVCs and bank the money in a foreign bank,there are too many known unknowns to be second guessing this mess....cash is king.

Back