Irish bankruptcy - holiday restrictions

BHC2015

My brother has recenty entered bankruptcy however we have a family holiday planned for next year to celebrate a couple of milestone events and obviously would like him to be a part of these celebrations.

My question is if we were to pay for his trip would he be allowed to travel or would this lead to issues with his bankruptcy proceedings?

I'm not at all familiar with the ins and outs of bankruptcy so could he be caught and if so what would the repercussions be?

We don't want to pay out for the trip if he can't go!

I'm not at all familiar with the ins and outs of bankruptcy so could he be caught and if so what would the repercussions be?

We don't want to pay out for the trip if he can't go!
It's not his money, his income is monitored by the OA. If he earns money above the allowed amount the OA needs to know. If a family member buys him something, it's nobody's business. Doesn't matter if that something is food, flights etc. It's not your brother's money and the OA has no interest in it.

I think there may be restrictions on travel if it appeared that your brother was avoiding his obligations. I had to leave the country earlier this year for a family event and told them I was going. Just sent a scanned copy of the tickets and there was no problem with the OA.

I think there may be restrictions on travel if it appeared that your brother was avoiding his obligations. I had to leave the country earlier this year for a family event and told them I was going. Just sent a scanned copy of the tickets and there was no problem with the OA.
Yes, you do have to notify that you are leaving the country temporarily so that they know you are not 'fleeing' the country. LOL

Are we living in Stalinist Russia?

Having to tell the authorities that you're going on a family holiday (on someone else's dime).

I've never heard the like of it.

Back