Ireland Resident, UK employment, non-domiciled.

Aussie

Before I seek a professional position, was wondering if someone could offer some advice as my research is a little unclear.

I was a temporary resident in Ireland working remotely (electronically) for a UK company (PAYEE), 3 weeks out of 4, the 4th week attending the UK office.
Due to personal needs my residents must be extended, I am to continue working, yet it now means I shall be in Ireland for +183 days in 2016.

I am neither domiciled in Ireland or the UK, but a UK citizen. In 2016/2017 is shall be a non-UK tax resident and wont be returning for several years.

The employment income was not remitted into Ireland, it all remains in the UK and I have no Irish financial connections, rent, bank a/c etc.
I have been staying with family/friends hence limited pre-2016 funds have been remitted.

I believe I am liable for UK-tax on days spent within the UK.
What are my other tax liabilities?

Last edited:
Not at all clear why you are resident in Ireland and the UK at the same time from the info posted.

On the basis that you are resident In Ireland and exercising the duties of the employment in Ireland then I think that you will be taxable in Ireland with a credit for the UK tax paid. As you exercise the duties in Ireland don't think the remittance basis applies.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/res1.html#section4

Potentially split year relief would apply but info is too limited to say.

Back