iPhone 6s Plus 128GB

mathepac

My well-travelled iPhone 5 and iPad 2 are just about to run out of steam. Battery on the iPhone may need replacing soon and the iPad won't upgrade to the latest and greatest iOS 10. (Apparently the iPhone will if I delete apps I don't use and leave lots of space free before upgrading.)

I started shopping around a couple of days ago and have decided to go "phablet" with the above. I have found new, retail-packaged supplies ready to ship in Littlewoods Ireland @ €869, that's €20 less than Apple Ireland. Not a huge saving but a saving nonetheless.

Pay cash or buy using their expensive in-store credit or go 50/50. I have no connection with either Apple or Littlewoods other than as a customer.

If it was me paying for a sim-free phone comparing those two I would be more inclined pay the extra 20 euro to buy direct from apple and avail of their free engraving service to personalise the phone, if you want to spread the cost then the littlewoods credit facility is handy though.

Last edited:
It might be handy to spread the cost with a littlewoods credit account,but be warned it's 39.9% APR.

Looked at Apple but I want to try to keep the resale value up so I dismissed the idea of an engraving, thanks.

Yeah their credit is costly, but to reduce the cost I've gone ahead and only financed what I think I'll get for the iPhone 5 & a few accessories 2nd hand.

Looked at Apple but I want to try to keep the resale value up so I dismissed the idea of an engraving, thanks.

Yeah their credit is costly, but to reduce the cost I've gone ahead and only financed what I think I'll get for the iPhone 5 & a few accessories 2nd hand.
Hope you arent banking on more that 120 at a push!

Since you're changing to a new device type, Apple's 14 day no quibble return policy could be an advantage. In most places, as soon as you undo the shrink wrap, there's obviously no return unless faulty.
But Apple don't care how much you have used it etc or if you just changed your mind.

iPhone 5 64GB in Silver, SIM free, Belkin rear case & re-inforced glass screen protector, olloclip macro & telephoto lenses, original Apple USB charge/sync cable and mains plug. €350 asking price, €315 in cash-converters Portlaoise for Black phone without the additional accessories.

Ah c'mon now Mathepac, the mains charger a phones comes with is hardly an accessory! :)

You mean that cash converters sell them for €315? Cos that sure as hell aint what they buy them for. I've seen shops selling them for €250 and that is them sticking a six month warranty on it.

Yep €250 for 16Gb is what I've seen too. There's no money to be made by shops selling stuff at or below their purchase price!

Back