Investment - would like to invest in gov bonds as retail investor

Wyvern

Hi All

New time poster. I have approximately 200k in a 60/40 split between iShares Core S&P 500 (in USD) and iShares Core MSCI World (in GBP). All our earnings are in EUR.

I have 2 questions:

1. I would like to invest in a tracker of government bonds (US would be great) given the high returns at the moment but everytime I put a ticker into Interactive Brokers relating to these type of funds it says not for retail investors. Does anyone know - is it possible to get exposure to bonds, government bonds on the Interactive Brokers platform without being a professional investor.
2. Im worried about the GBP exposure, I would prefer a fund that was in either EUR or USD - does anyone think I should move this to a comparable fund and if so do you have any ideas?

Many thanks!

2. Im worried about the GBP exposure
You don't have a GBP exposure. It's a world equity fund, translated to GBP. So if the value of GBP falls, all else remaining the same, the GBP price will increase. It'll be c. 60% exposure to US listed shares, but again the big ones are Global companies.
All you have is FX conversion fees on buying / selling.

everytime I put a ticker into Interactive Brokers relating to these type of funds it says not for retail investors.
Were you perhaps looking for US ETFs, rather than UCITS ones that can be bought by retail investors in the EU? Try IE00BZ163M45, for example.

Back