International Company checks

C

cmsl

Hi ABB..
I am a director of a small Irish company that trades mainly with national and sometimes UK companies. I recently received a query from a Middle Eastern company with potential business prospects, Iam just wondering is there any methods of checking to see if this company is Legit? i.e. Vat number check etc.. The country I am referring to is the United Arab Emirates.
Hope you can help
Thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
get a username and password for www.vision-net.ie (they require you to buy EUR 300* credit before they will give you an "account") once you've logged in you can get info on IE, UK companies on the fly, and on Rest of world companies by submitting an online form that is processed by a human on their side. *from time to time/or if you ask nicely it decreases to EUR 100

but of course if are interested in getting info about Rest of world companies you need not limit yourself to using an irish searcher, therye are loads of "company information" sellers online

A Law Searcher's firm should be able to do that for you. Look in the Golden Pages. Shouldn't cost anywhere near €300.

I know its not an irish firm, but i've used www.graydon.co.uk* quite a few times. Their prices are very reasonable and their turnaround is fast enough.... plus you get a free Trial Credit Report when you join up

*Not associated to this company in any way.

For checks on Middle East clients, I normally request reports from Dun & Bradstreet International or RIME reporting bureau, Nicosia Cyprus.

If its of any comfort to you, UAE is one of the easier Middle Eastern Companies to do business with.

If you are selling goods, I would recommend a suitable payment term such as letter of credit, avalized draft or Cash against delivery.

Best of luck

Back