interest free credit etc

col

Partner almost purchased from a store offering 12 months interest free credit on a substantial purchase. Product was marked down from €1899 to €1499 .Now I am one of those people who do not believe in a free lunch so I did some investigating and I found with the help of a friend in this line of business the same product in another store for €1299 and this was not a sale price. So I reckon my interest free credit was actually going to cost me about 15% for the year. The more I look at all these in house promotions the more sceptical I am. Its all built into the price in the first place and more. Has anyone else got caught with these so called interest free deals.

The purchase price has nothing to do with any credit agreement. If you buy an item at a higher price than is available elsewhere then that's just hard luck or the result of not shopping around.

I agree clubman and thankfully the purchase was not made. What I am really highlighting is the fact that some stores offer interest free credit, don't pay anything for first year etc. These are in my opinion all gimmicks and the cost of credit etc is more than built into the price on the ticket. You think it looks a good deal but in fact the item you purchased for €1499 (as in my example ) is really only worth €1299.

Back