Insurance for outings/trips organised by a group

trojan

Is it necessaary to organise some kind of insurance for a group to cover say accidents on outings etc or would the persons own insurance be adequate?

When you speak of 'persons own insurance', what do you mean? If you organise an outing and I go along, what insurance would you expect I would have to cover an accident? Do you mean cover if I caused an accident to another person, or do you mean cover if I was involved in an accident myself, such as I simply fell and broke my arm?

It is possible, though by no means certain, that if I cause an accident to another person, my home insurance might cover my legal liability. If I fall and break my arm, I have no insurance of my own to fall back on.

These are very simplistic examples.

If the organiser of an outing could face a liability for an injury, then the organiser should consider insurance. Now the organiser, might be simply a person collecting money to bring a group of people on a bus tour. In that case, (again very simple) if the bus had an accident, the motor insurers would be involved. Once the people leave the bus and enter a hotel for a meal, the hotel liability policy comes into play.

Back