Motor Insurance companies that will use named driver exp?

Don_08

Just buying a new car and trying to figure out the insurance. My husband drove a company car for years on company policies and is a named driver on my policy. No accidents or claims since 2002.

Keeping our old car and policy in my name.

So best to put the new car and policy in his name as can't use my NCB twice. What insurance companies / brokers will take into account named driver experience?

Our old car is a 05 megane so worth about 2.5k and we are buying a new car for about 28k.

Would it make more sense to insure himself on the cheaper car and me on the dearer car or does it make much of a difference?

I had my own car and policy years ago but when we switched to one car about 10 years ago we kept it in dh's name. We got a second car during the summer - my car my policy. We went with Aviva for insurance (was the cheapest by miles) and yes, named driver experience was accepted. We had to get a specific letter from our existing insurers which stated that I had x years named driving experience and no claims. Emailed a scanned copy to Aviva and that was fine (sent original by post the next day.
Who is going to be the main driver of the new car? That is a question that they will ask you. If it is going to be your husband then it may be better to have the policy in his name...

Thanks a million, Aviva were by far the cheapest and very clear about taking named driver experience.

Back