in store atm machines

R

rose

I always believed that there was an extra charge for using in store or stand alone atm's but my friend insists that this is not so could anyone tell me which is correct

Also if you use an atm belonging to a bank other than your own is there an additional charge
regards

rose

As far as I remember there is a higher transaction charge for using an ATM other than your own bank's. Not sure if the in store ATMs levy an even higher charge. I see these charges itemised on my statement but as I maintain the required minimum cleared monthly/quarterly balance (PermanentTSB) they are all waived.

Re: ATMs in store

Hi,

When the idea of putting ATMs into stores first appeared last year or the year before, there was mention that the ATM owner are legally allowed to charge up to 6 euro per transaction. I am not saying that they are doing this, but they are free to charge what they like.
Saying that, most ATMs in stores are run by the banks and not "private" operators. Therefore they charge their standard rate.
Either way, there will be a sign somewhere on it saying how much the cost is (one I used recently just said there was no extra charge for using this one). Mind you, it took about 5 minutes to give me my money.

in-store ATMs

I have used a BoI ATM in a Centra shop in Sligo often. No extra charge. Nor in petrol stations.

Protocol

atms

These atms are run in partnership between the bank and the shop/garage.

If there is enough traffic using the machine there is no charge to the business.

It is up to each bank as to how much they charge their customers. See their charging structure at your local branch.

EasyCash In-Store ATMs

I contacted EasyCash, one of the in-store ATM providers (they are an Ulster Bank Partner).

[broken link removed]

Q. Is there a charge for using the EasyCash ATM?
R. There is no additional charge for using an easycash ATM. It is exactly the same as using a "hole in the wall" on the street.

Q. If I have an Ulster Bank account - am I charged?
R. This depends on your relationship with the bank. If you are
currently not being charged for ATM transactions then the same applies.

Ajapale

Back