In a nutshell where is the best value least fees PRSA available

M

michael1969

What reputable company provide the best value PRSA with the least fees available in Ireland. Also who is the best income protection provider.

PRSA - Presumably you want the best value 'retirement product' (PRSA may not always be the best depending upon your levels of contribution etc.

INCOME PROTECTION - I genuinely feel that, if you don't have access to a group scheme (which in theory should be better value than a stand-alone product) it is difficult to beat the Friends First Guaranteed Premium product.

You could also look at combining the two, i.e. personal pension with income protection option. The last time I looked at these though the combined charges were very high.

Sorry but it's probably the same story... find an independent financial adviser... Given the cost of income protection alone this should be worth pursuing.

The cheapest PRSA?

In short there are a few intermediaries who can set up a PRSA with no charges on each contribution and a 1% annual management fee for a once off arrangement fee of c. €200-€300. It might also be possible to get non PRSA personal pension plans (Retirement Annuity Contracts) on similar terms. Bear in mind that charges are important but so too are the range of funds available to select from, the level of service provided (and what you need on that front from your intermediary/broker and pension underwriter) etc.

I'm not sure that I would automatically assume that income protection is a necessity as above but it really depends on your specific individual circumstances and needs.

Back