Impact of Resignation vs. dismissal?

Agreed Bond-007, but I would be interested in Calebs Dad's explanation for his comment re right to have the employer pay for the advise.

I am definitely missing something, I cannot see any reference that sets a "right to have your employer pay for the advise". I would appreciate if you could explain the exact reference or precedent that you consider gives this right as such a right would have huge implications for all involved in such matters. If I have taken you up wrong, maybe you could clarify exactly what you do mean.

Last edited:
to be precice greenfield the term is used was "by right" meaning what would be Fit; suitable; proper and correct thing for the employer to do to ensure that the employee was fully aware of the consequences of there actions. But then again, I suppose most employers would rather that employees were not afforded an opportunity

Are you obliged to disclose details of settlement to Social Welfare?

Not sure what you mean. SW will only want to establish the reason why your employment has finished. If an employer and employee are both telling SW that the employee was, say "let go due to downturn in business" then SW will not pursue it further.

Back