Impact of lender strategies on market share

This can only be seen as a positive thing - maybe BoI and KBC will take note and change strategies, but I seriously doubt they will.

I wonder are brokers recommending KBC currently for variable mortgages ?

I wish it were due to the smartness of Irish consumers, but I very much doubt it.

The big change is the increase in Ulster Bank's market share, but that is probably because they have entered the broker market.

Bank of Ireland has been locked out of the broker market by the Troika agreement, but that expires soon and we will probably see their market share surge.

It's possible that brokers are copping on to the practices of KBC and not recommending them.

Brendan

It's possible that brokers are copping on to the practices of KBC and not recommending them.
This alone will be a positive step

Bank of Ireland has been locked out of the broker market by the Troika agreement, but that expires soon and we will probably see their market share surge.
At least Bank of Ireland admit they are not interested in the variable market and want people on fixed rates only where possible ! I have to at least commend them for a level of honesty in that regard!

I wish it were due to the smartness of Irish consumers, but I very much doubt it.
As discussed many times before, I have to agree with you on this

As somebody who's switched from Kbc to Ulster Bank I'm happy to have done my bit :)

A couple of months into my new mortgage and they announce an interest rate drop. If Kbc did the same I wouldn't have been seeing it as I was an existing customer.

Still waiting on the final documentation from Kbc (they're in no rush to send my final statement) and then I'll close my current account too.i have my insurance with them too so I'll be pricing around when that's due. I've no problems with their current account or insurance but I think I've given Kbc as a whole enough of my money.

Back