ILCU - good or bad ?

MrEarl

Hello,

I was wondering, what are peoples opinions on the League - do you consider them good or bad and why ?

Personally, I am quite disappointed with them.

For a body that should be able to call on the support of over a million CU members through approx. 300 CUs, they never appear to use their influence to lobby for better terms for CU members and I wonder if they have ever formally engaged with the Central Bank etc.

From the outside looking in, I see the league as a "sleeping giant", but worse still is that if it was ever to be woken up, then I'd see it as a "giant headless chicken" I'm afraid.

The League appears to lack genuine vision, leadership ability etc.

Thats my 2 cents worth... so, whats yours ? :)

MrEarl,

Cu,s are inclined (unlike the banks) to do what Central Bank tells them in both the spirit and law , and fail to realize that in FINANCE they are the only good guys standing.
They have the public support/funds to NOT be rail-roaded by Central Bank, and are well capable of organising/changing themselves.
They seem to accept all edicts from a failed Central Bank and I would be afraid that Cus could become locked into box filling lenders .
It appears that ILCU have rolled over and each Cu seems trapped in a never ending Compliance regime.
They appear to have too much respect for the Central Bank .
They did not remain successful by following the way Central Bank ran things previously , so why accept all the failed entities rules now?

( I am as you can read not a Central Bank fan) ie they are not to be trusted.

.....( I am as you can read not a Central Bank fan) ie they are not to be trusted.

Hello Mr. Canning,

Thank you for your comments. I am in agreement with you.

What disappoints me most of all, is that the ILCU appear incapable of even trying to organise the CU movement. While they come out with occassional ideas like providing loans to small businesses or to fund housing development for example, they do not have the substance to back it up - either in terms of skills and resources, or even unity across the league when it comes to rolling out such ideas.

As for the Central Bank, we all have access to the likes of LinkedIn and can see the profiles of those who are now working on the regulation team for CUs. The majority have no prior experience with CUs and in some cases, regulation of any form. Where they are likely to try and take us, I would be afraid to even ask.....

Back