Ideas for something 'different' for a 40th

remey

Hi all,

Husbands 40th coming up soon. We've booked a venue for a night out, good few friends & family coming, food etc. Just trying to think of something different to either give him as a present or have on the night....

I saw photo books like the 'This is your Life' ones in a card shop. Thinking possibly along those lines but any other ideas I'd greatly appreciate?

Thanks

Hi Remey. If you have a photo of him as a child, you can get it "printed" onto the icing of his birthday cake. A friend of ours did it for his wife.

If you're doing a "This Is Your Life" thing, be careful that some people at the party don't feel left out. Great idea if you can swing it though.

At my 40th, I remember being very disappointed that my wife didn't organise Status Quo to turn up and play for a few hours! :(

depending on your tastes & budget you might get a 40yr old whisky/whiskey or brandy e.g. here

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Lex, he's a big fan of Irish traditional music and thinks I've the Fureys or some such group planned on the sly. No chance!!!!
Will have a look at topgifts and the 40 yr old booze.

Any other ideas, keep em coming

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Lex, he's a big fan of Irish traditional music and thinks I've the Fureys or some such group planned on the sly. No chance!!!!
Will have a look at topgifts and the 40 yr old booze.

Any other ideas, keep em coming

Cheers.

Lol! That's gas, Remey! I'm trying to picture Francis Rossi of Status Quo, at my 40th, singing "Rocking All Over The World" with his eyes closed like Finbarr Furey, singing "Sweet Sixteen!" :D

I’m so stuck for ideas. He’s very low maintenance, not a techie. He’s a premiership footie supporter but I’ve brought him to a game already and I think his brother is getting him another as a present. He’s only into high street clothes shops, not a designer guy. Not into reading. Got him golf lessons last year. (He hasn’t used them yet!!!!).

We’ve a party booked, he knows about it. Booked into a hotel as a surprise for the night but due to babysitting issue I had to tell him.

Please give me ideas or tell me what you got for a landmark birthday??

Lex, I've that image in my head now. Think it would be a good remix no????

Back