ICB Report Never Came - Twice!

AngryPerson

Hi,

Ill try to keep this brief.

In 2000 my husband took out a credit card and didnt make the minimum repayments. His bank (AIB) chased him for months and eventually passed the debt onto a debt collection agency.

The agency then got onto my husband and he paid the debt off eventually in full in 2006.

However, obviously, he has a bad credit rating now. We have applied for both a personal loan and an overdraft and been turned down for both by AIB. (I can get credit on my own with AIB, just not when its to do with our joint account or with himself)

I have applied twice now for an ICB report to see what exact info is being held on him. Twice I have paid €6 and twice they have sent nothing out.

Does this mean they hold no info on him?

When I go to 'Contact Us' on the website there is just a phone number where you can leave a message to request a form or listen to a pre-recorded message. You cant speak to an actual human!

Surely if they have nothing on you they could at least send you a letter saying 'We have nothing on you!'?

Anyone know what it means if they send you nothing?

Following receipt of your Credit Report, you may contact ICB on +353-(0)1-2600389 if you have any queries in relation to its contents.

[broken link removed]

Back