Ulster I got my UB tracker back today!

redcatstar

Hi I'm a UB customer
Got letter today stating our mortgage was affected and we are having our tracker reinstated. It states we are now on 0.95% Plus ecb rate. I'm delighted but thought it would make a bigger difference than 50euro a month. Plus will we get compensated from 2006 even though we stayed fixed till 2013 as we couldn't get tracker back .

Hi. I am UB customer
Got my letter last Thursday stating that I was getting the tracker mortgage back at ecb rate plus 0.95%. However, my original tracker was ecb rate plus 1.15%. I thought I would have to be returned to that. I too thought there would be a greater difference in the monthly repayments but will wait until March when they have said they will write to me with further information.

I'm the same instead of 0.95 and 1.15 ecb
Mine is now 0.95 and 4.3
I thought we would go back as well to orginal
Maybe things change and hopefully someone can explain to us
Congrats to you to I'm chuffed

Hi I'm a UB customer
Got letter today stating our mortgage was affected and we are having our tracker reinstated. It states we are now on 0.95% Plus ecb rate. I'm delighted but thought it would make a bigger difference than 50euro a month. Plus will we get compensated from 2006 even though we stayed fixed till 2013 as we couldn't get tracker back .
I don't quite understand what you are saying but I think you might have fixed more than once?
If you were not offered the return of your tracker after the expiration of the first fixed rate term, then as I understand it you will be returned to your tracker from the date the first fixed rate term expired.
In my case I was not offered or returned to my tracker after my first fixed rate term expired. I did subsequently fix again (in the absence of a tracker rate) but should be returned to my tracker rate effective when the first fixed rate term ended.

Now it's a waiting game until the next set of letters arrive. My letter from Ulster Bank says they'll update me again in March so check your correspondence. They won't really discuss anything over the phone and they are processing customers in bulk.

Hopefully it will go back to when we first tried to get out of the fixed rate ,yes I did fix and refix as wasn't offered tracker back even though I had been told it would revert. Hopefully we will get it back and some compensation
Also does anyone know why it's 4.3% svr should it not be lower

Last edited:
That's great news about getting re-instated. I am waiting for the same letter but my case is slightly different, in 2007 we were taken off our tracker mortgage and put on a variable by default after 12 months. When I queried this UB said that they sent a letter (never arrived to us) out to us giving us three options, 1. stay on tracker, 2. change to fixed, 3 . default to variable if we do not reply to letter, the letter was not sent via registered post. I have called the 1800303352 which was set up for us and they confirmed that we are not the only people with this issue. Has anyone out there in our same boat received a letter with good news. Cheers Jim

Hi Jim Kerry, It might be worth getting your files off UB under the Data Protection Act to see if they have a copy of that letter you never received. I wouldn't mention the letter in the request just ask for all of your information.

Ok, that could be done, would it make a difference if they have a copy though, the fact that I didn't receive a copy into my hand is what I am basing my complaint on. Thanks

There is hope for everyone people! I called Ulster Bank today and was told on the phone that my 1st March payment has been restored to original Tracker and my payment is reduced by €200 per month! I cant contain the excitement and happiness right now after a long hard struggle. Although I haven't received the letter its on its way, with I assume, a comment about redress / compensation (any advice here would be great on this)
Good luck to everyone still waiting for word on this I wish you all the luck in the world.

Delighted for you DCH247!! That is excellent news. Well done to you, Padraic Kissane and the Central Bank.

Thank you! I actually meant to add Padraic Kissanes name on my post as a huge thank you and although we didn't use his company personally he deserves all the plaudits he gets because without him I wouldn't feel like I do today! Kudos Sir! :)

I'm after ringing ub. Not back for march. I'm sitting here in tears. Another 1400 a month going out. Even if we had a date it wouldn't seem so bad. It's the not knowing that's killing me. I hope they sort it out this year. I cannot do this much longer. It's my children that are suffering. I'd love to be able to give them all they deserve but like a fool I keep paying my full mortgage

Delighted for your good news @DCH247 that's a huge relief I'm sure.

@Jespie1 I'm sorry it's dragging on so long for you. The bank does have to let you know by the end of June either way I believe. Hopefully next month brings more positive news.

@Jespie1 Same situation here. Absolutely disgraceful that they have been allowed get away with this. Everyone was supposed to be contacted before Christmas 16. Life on hold for another month.

Hopefully although I won't hold my breath just having a pity party today. Just have to lift myself out of this slump today.

I know how you feel @Jespie1 honestly I do and I felt it every month like you did today and I found it was getting harder not knowing but I've heard all will be contacted by the end of next month so fingers and everything crossed you'll have it back by then. Best of luck

Back