HSE pension, benefit statement

roytheboyo

Hi,
My 'friend' has worked in healthcare for 20 odd years, some HSE, some not.
He has for years paid into the HSE pension, but has never received a benefit statement that details reckonable service etc.
I cant understand this, as trying to determine the sum of all parts of reckonable service in 20 years time will be impossible.
So, question is, do HSE issue pension benefit statements annually?
My friend has enquired and been told they dont, and dont worry about it because he is too young.

Correct, PS employer do not issue pension benefit statements.

Don't worry, the employers do track your reckonable service.

However, you should keep a record of it too.

Thanks for reply.
My friend works maybe 6 months in HSE hospital, then 6-12 in private or 'voluntary' hospital (jamess, Beaumont etc), then HSE again etc.
He assumed reckonable service was being added up each time.
Does he have to wait another 30 years to find out if HSE have done this correctly, and what are the chances of finding out what happened in say 1997, at that stage.
Bottom line, he doesn't trust HSE to accurately keep records (or do anything else!).
Fair enough keep own records, but he hasn't done this for past 20 years.

He can contact the superannuation section in the HSE area he works in and ask for details pf his service record. If it's any comfort, I got a record of my service from HSE a couple of years ago as part of a job transfer. The record went back to the late 70s, including reckonable service from other agencies which I built up prior to my HSE employment.

Back