How long does an IBAN transfer take?

Brendan

I only said how long it is taking to transfer my money through IBAN from the bank where it is.

This happens to be my experience and the truth, I apologise if this is not within the forum guidelines.

I only said how long it is taking to transfer my money through IBAN from the bank where it is.
This does not sound like a normal IBAN transfer in which case its relevance to this thread is certainly questionable.

Transfered money from my AIB current acc to my Swedish bank acc, last sunday night. The money was on my swedish account on Tuesday

Cost me nothing, Iban transfers are free within EU (with AIB), however if u choose the xpress transfer wich takes about 24 h it's 12 euro something. But with the free one it took less den 48h, so if u dont need the money same day just use the free transfer :). The exchange rates were quite ok to, since it's Swedish krona in Sweden.

It depends a lot who the irish bank is using for their international transfers.

I do some transfers to Germany regulary and I notices strange things when making payments to the same banks:

PTSB, before 1059 in the branch for free - there same day (9 out of 10)
They use citibank and that seams to speed things up.
Halifax, before 1059 via the phone for free - 3 days (5 out of 5)
I assume RBOS in the background

I see similar things when IBAN transfers are done to the UK to an € account
PTSB, before 1059 in the brank for free - there same day (5 out of 6)
Halifax, before 1059 via the phone for free - next day.

So neither PTSB nor Halifax charge for standard transfers but because they use different bankends the transit is diffent.

These are personal experiences and YMMV

Back