How Flowers delivery nationwide is set ?

hakouna

Hi ..

I am setting up a sideline business and came across the delivery issue . I see florists build up a nationwide delivery network of members that make them able to do same day or next day Ireland and UK delivery .
As I have no network at the moment , would any of the gurus in AAM advice on how to build up such a network or advice on best approach to deliver my goods to customers .

Thanks in advance
Hak

Join Interflora or a similar organization?

Also - have a good website so that local and remote customers can easily submit orders for delivery to people in your catchment area.

Thanks Clubman , your answers are always with a great help .

The point is that my business is meant to deliver unique type of flowers , after a market reseach , noone in Ireland has this type of flowers yet (I better keep it confidential till business is launched ) . Having said that the delivery collection point must be from my business place in Dublin .. Do you think interflora still be the answer to my question ?

appreciate your feedback
hak.

No Interflora is a completely different type of operation where orders are standardised. Check out websites such as Sheilas Flowers where individual orders are processed and delivered.

My undrestanding that being a member of Interflora you should provide standard order , which is not in my case .
I came accross Sheilas Flowers allright and I wish I could get hold of their delivery service secret , either they use their own delivery facilities or there is something I am not aware off that I need to know .
Do you think if I ring them they will help me to answer this question or they will keep it for themselves ?

No harm in trying. However if I were them I would not be over anxious to disclose my trade information to potential competitors. Maybe if you tell them that you are a marketing student doing some research. Not that I'm encouraging you to lie!!

I have seen them using [broken link removed] for delivery , may be this is the clue .
Has anyone delt with buy4now before ? what sort of delivery conditions they provide ?

Back