How can the OMC be removed other than at an EGM/AGM?

The Owners Management Company is the company that's included in the purchase agreement so you can't remove it.

Do you mean the directors of the OMC or the management agents?

Thanks 'Joe-90',

Of course, you are quite right, I meant to say the directors of the OMC. These directors are also the same directors of the Managing Agency.

They can resign at any time outside an AGM / egm and appoint other willing people to be directors.

But an AGM is really the only place it can happen. Read your articles. If you write and nominate yourself prior to an AGM you can be voted in. This doesn't mean the others go of course unless they have been directors for 3 years when they must be voted in to continue.

Agents being directors is highly undesirable. It's a conflict of interest and not a viable solution.

Other than that only a court can strike off a director for breaches of the company act. Happens but you need to be fairly incompetent and have evidence.

I'm presuming from the way the post is phrased that the directors are unlikely to voluntarily resign, and that you're looking to try and force them out. You'll probably need legal advice to achieve that, so try to make sure you have the support of other residents when it comes to paying the bill.

I'm presuming from the way the post is phrased that the directors are unlikely to voluntarily resign, and that you're looking to try and force them out. You'll probably need legal advice to achieve that, so try to make sure you have the support of other residents when it comes to paying the bill.
And if you become a Director the first thing to do is ensure the Management Company has a Directors and Officers Insurance

Back