How about a forum for epic threads?

Discussion in 'Suggestion box' started by SarahMc, Jul 23, 2013.

1. SarahMc

SarahMc Frequent Poster

Funny how some threads stick in your brain, I remember this one too, it was so complicated and went on for pages, along with the one about the most expensive piece of land in Ireland being turned into a museum to the Celtic Tiger.
    There should be a forum for epic posts like that. Off topic.

2. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

Hi Sarah

I copied this from the other thread. It's an interesting idea. Not sure we need a forum but how about a Key Post with links to epic threads?

3. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Frequent Poster

I remember the one from absolute years ago about the guy who wanted loads of packets of rolos for some undisclosed venture. I don't think we ever got an answer either...

Can't find it by search...

5. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

6. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

If you want to find an old thread, check out

How to search Askaboutmoney

Just inputting the word Rolo in the Google search function brought up that thread immediately.

Brendan

7. AgathaC

AgathaC Guest

8. DerKaiser

DerKaiser Frequent Poster

I was at a wedding around that time where the favours (for 200 guests) were rolos with paper wrapping on which the names of the bride and groom were written. I can imagine if the groom had intended this as a romantic gesture and sorted out the customised paper wrapping only to find the new size rolos didn't fit into the wrapping, the situation described in the thread (someone desperately looking for the old size rolos, and lots of them) could have arisen.

Sound plausible?