House Insurance

E

emermc1972

Hey there, i am wondering if anyone might be able to help me, i had my bag stollen last saturday after collecting jewelery that was in to be cleaned it included my wedding ring, my engagment ring and an 3 stone enterninty ring, i reported this to the guards and they have said they will call me if they are found.. with i doubt but fingers crossed, my problem is that 3 years ago i lost my engagment ring on holidays and claimed it off the house insurance and got a new one. now my husband is going mad that I didnt put the rings back on me when i collected them and says that the house insurance people will think we are trying to pull their legs.................... to which i am fuming mad can anyone tell me if they think he may be right or what i can do many thanks.....

Even if they do think you are pulling their legs the worst they can do is investigate it thoroughly. If you have reported it to the gardai and can prove you had the jewellry in for cleaning etc then you have done all you can. Worst case scenario is they pay out and apply a loading to your home insurance and put a higher excess on it. I can't see them refusing it. I assume you had all items specified on the policy?

If the items were not mentioned on policy under All Risks section, then it is highly unlikely if you will be covered under your policy. If they are specified under that section, then you should get paid

Once you have all risks cover for the items then they will be covered. when you claimed the last time did you amend the cover on your policy to include your replacement ring?
It is likely though that for future claims your insurer will apply an increased excess and/or load your premium at renewal.

Back