House Deeds with Solicitor

connorp

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right forum for this.

Situation is I concluded the purchase of my house about 2 years ago.

I've now doing an equity release and the bank says they need the deeds of my house. It seems my solicitor still has them. I've phoned every day this week and keep being promised they'll look for them etc. He is not involved in this purchase as its overseas.

The bank need the deeds to complete the equity release and time is drifting away cause I've only 2 weeks to make the next stage payment of the deposit.

Anyone know of a strategy that will force my solicitor to hurry up. Is it normal that they still have them? should they not have been with my bank by now?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure why but solicitors in general seem very slow at finishing a job (in conveyencing anyway)- they seem to do the bulk of it and once the mortage cheque is released they leave the remainder to clear up at some vague date in the future.

I would tell him in no uncertain terms that you need the deeds sent to the bank asap and that if the lack of deeds cost you in absolute terms or in opportunity terms then you will not be happy and will be reverting to him on the issue.

Cheers.

Back